Miley Cyrus and jak podrywać na tinderze: 10 Surprising Things They Have in Common

12 Online Dating Tips from Real Women Who Met Their Spouses jak zacząć rozmowę na tinderze on'The Apps'

In a perfect world, your prospective husband could rescue you from getting hit by a UPS truck because you fight to spare your Gucci slingback from a sewer grate. You would fall into one another's arms and then he, a physician (back out of a Doctors Without a excursion ( obviously ), would gaze into your eyes and fall deeply in love. But you're not J.Lo, and Matthew McConaughey is married–sorry, girls. This is real life, where locating a spouse out in the wild is as rare as finding Gucci's on sale. Instead, so many men and women are linking via dating apps that they're in fact the number one way couples meet, according to a Stanford University study.

While that give us hope, we know that navigating the World Wide Web of dating websites can be frustrating and overwhelming to say the least. That's the reason why we achieved to 12 real girls from all over the country that were able to do it successfully and asked them for their best internet dating tips. Their wisdom, below. Look for someone who makes it suitable for you

"Wait for the one who goes out of the way for you. For instance, for our very first date, Joey made sure to pick an area near my flat and in a time that made it easy for me. I had been living on the Upper East Side in the time, and he lived all the way down in Hell's Kitchen (which is New York for way ). It showed me that he had been thinking about me and my life–and it felt so different from the normal'Hey, let's meet up' mentality that you generally find on relationship programs –that led to four and a half years of marriage and a 19-month-old son" –Amy D., 35, Bronx, New York Cut them off if they're not texting you back

"I'm divorced–after marrying fairly young–so it was mildly horrifying to test out dating programs for the first time in my late 20s. However, I heard from that first marriage I did not wish to waste time on anybody who did not reach out often enough. I believe going on dates is great, and you should go on dates in case you are considering the person you're texting with, but if they don't message you back in a timely manner, simply move on. Anyone who really wants to have to know you will make that clear." –Carra T., 29, Los Angeles

3.

Kick your"type" into the curb

"I'd tell single friends to keep an open mind and do not go to get a particular'type.' As soon as I met my now-husband, I was swiping on all of the ultra-masculine, body builder kinds because, physically, that is what I was into at the moment. You might think you're only attracted to blond guys with hair like Thor or anyone shorter than 5'6" is out of the question. However, my husband's grin in his profile picture appeared so genuine and kind and it completely drew me , so I gave him a chance and I am so glad I did! We just got married in November." Pay for the site if it's the population you need to date

"When I had been online relationship, I went to a whole lot of Hinge dates, like maybe two first dates a week, that never amounted to much. Eventually I took the advice of my very best guy friend, who told me that when I really wanted to meet a man who had been serious about a long-term connection, then I needed to pay to be on a dating site–the now-defunct How About We. (But compensated dating sites now comprise Match, eHarmony, JDate, etc.) I paired with an extremely appealing, 6'4" man who desired to carry me out for mac and cheese and wine–my soul mate, obvi. It's been five and a half years since that date and I have never logged in. We have married four months ago!"

5.

Put the apps down while you're on a date with Somebody Else

"In order to give a date–or any date, really–a opportunity to blossom and grow into something real and meaningful, you want to turn tabs off on your dating programs so that you don't have any distractions as you're with someone. You can not be fully present on a date with a single person while getting a new message from someone else." –Amanda B., 37, Dallas

6.

Go for the"normal" picture guy who matches his bio

"It's essential to attempt and figure out that a individual is instead of just focusing on somebody because their image would look great on the cover of GQ. My now-husband's photographs were rather ordinary and not exactly just like plenty others are. Instead of modeling headshots, he had regular pictures of him and his dogs (an obvious sign of trustworthiness) and a simple kitchen selfie. His bio was normal too; he does not work out a crazy amount or go experience hiking each and every weekend. He eats pizza and drinks whiskey. I was sold!"

7.

Do not shy away from cultural differences

"After four decades of dating, three years or marriage and now with a baby on the way, I could say I'm glad I took an opportunity with online dating and with someone very different from myself. I moved to it with the mindset of being open to and accepting of those differences, which were not little considering my loved ones and I are out of Rizal, a province just outside Manila in the Philippines, and Mike is out of a large Italian family in New Jersey. But remaining open to what makes us different and teaching each other about our various traditions and habits actually made us much closer than I anticipated." –Dia M., 36, Somerset, New Jersey Make a list of all the things you're looking for in a connection

"You should know the answer to this'What are you looking for?' question. I would never be the one to inquire actually always believed it was a dumb question, but if my now-husband asked me on Bumble after we'd been talking for a little while, he looked like a really honest and simple man (he is!) , therefore I did tell him the fact that I was searching for someone seriously interested in the future. Turned out, that was the answer he was looking for! http://query.nytimes.com/search/sitesearch/?action=click&contentCollection&region=TopBar&WT.nav=searchWidget&module=SearchSubmit&pgtype=Homepage#/seduction So don't be afraid to be truthful and weed out the guys who are not serious–if that is what you desire. We got engaged after nine months and then wed nine months after that and have been married for a bit more than a year." –Alex P., 29, Manchester, New Hampshire Make sure your core values are clear up front

"I was somewhat reluctant to attempt app-based relationship and did not jump on the bandwagon till later in the game since my religion is very important to me personally and I did not know how I was going to filter out men who did not share that core value. I met Franz after fourteen days of being about Bumble, and we decided to meet up for tacos after only talking on the app for a couple hours because we were both up front about our religion being a huge part of our lives. The advice I'd give my fellow online daters would be to be certain you are honest and clear about your huge deal breakers, and also to never sacrifice your core values and beliefs for anyone. Franz and I dated for almost 3 years after that, then got married just a month! We now live with our cats, Tuna and Wasabi."

10.

Save the interesting conversation points for real life dates

"My most important successes with real dates that I met on apps came by transferring things from my phone into actual life when possible. Exchange a few messages to be sure you feel secure and are curious, but then come up with a strategy to get to know each other in person fast. A couple of times I spent weeks messaging or texting with someone I had not fulfilled, and then by the time we did meet up, it felt as though we had completed all of the getting-to-know-you questions online, and it necessarily fell flat. Something that immediately attracted me into my fiancé was , after a couple of messages, he asked me out right away with a particular place and time. His decisiveness and apparent goals were refreshing. Individuals can be so one-dimensional on apps. Giving someone the benefit of seeing the full image in person is the best way to set yourself up for success." –Megan G., 27, New York City

11. Have a Rest

"Honestly, I believe that the number one thing is to keep trying but do not be reluctant to take breaks from online dating when you require it. I felt like I looked under every rock to locate my husband and it was exhausting, so that I had to step away for a week or so every now and then. The repetitiveness of those first dates which were sometimes bizarre, uncomfortable or bad left me feeling jaded. I left quite a few bad dates! However, I did not leave the date I moved on with my future spouse –we've been married a year now–because I gave myself time to regroup following the bad to appreciate the good." –Jess A., 43, Baltimore

12. Speak with Your friends about all your dating app highs and lows

"My advice for anybody who's wading, swimming or drowning in the online dating pool is that it is more an ocean compared to a pool. Legit everybody's doing this, and we ought to all be discussing it. Speak with your friends! Share your frustrations, your worries, your joys, the lows and ups, particularly when it feels like a giant dead end because it's difficult to keep doing it as it gets discouraging. Talking about it's healthful –emotionally and mentally. Perhaps someone you know is going through exactly the exact same thing or has an'I will top that' terrible date story that'll make you laugh. The point is there is a stigma around online dating that should not be there because this isn't a novel concept anymore." –Kailah B., 32, Albany, New York

RELATED: DATING AFTER 40? HERE'S EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW